CAMPUS ICE CENTRE COVID-19 GUIDELINES
• The health and safety of Ontario Tech University’s campus and the broader community
has always been the university’s top priority. Starting September 3, 2021, Ontario Tech requires
all students, staff and visitors coming to campus to be at least partially vaccinated against
COVID-19. Further, all are required to be fully vaccinated by September 22nd, 2021 or have an
• For children less than 12 years of age (or not turning 12 in 2021), vaccination is
not required at this time. Youth between the ages of 12-17 who ARE participating in on ice
activities are exempt from needing to provide proof of full vaccination at this time, however
children in the same age range who are not going on the ice will be expected to provide proof of
• Any person associated with your rental group will not be permitted inside the Campus
Ice Centre without successfully attesting to the COVID19 protocols as well as confirming full
• All participants will have to fill out the COVID 19 health screening questions and
show proof by screen shot on their cell phone or email verification before entering the building.
There will be hard copies available at the arena entrance to fill out if access to the app is not
possible. You can access the online screening here:
• The university will also continue to follow all Durham Region Public Health
directives, including mask-wearing, hand-washing, frequent testing, and other possible measures, as
• Face masks are to be worn by all participants in your rental group upon entering the
facility. Face masks must be kept on in the change rooms at all times and can be removed once
participants enter the ice surface. All spectators must social distance and face masks must be worn
at all times.
• NO food/beverage allowed in the building. Personal water bottles for participation
in activity will be exempt. Please arrive with water bottles full.
• Each rental group will be permitted into the building 30 minutes prior to their
activity/ice time and must exit 15 minutes after their on-ice session. There will be no early
admittance to the facility.
• Each rental will be allowed 40 players/skaters and will have access to 2 change
rooms. Masks must be worn at all times while in the change rooms. Coaches, managers,
timekeepers, referees are not included in the max 40. You will have access to player benches.
Showers will be permitted however, all players must exit the change room 15 minutes from exiting
the ice surface so we may clean and sanitize for the next group.
• Spectators (max 200) are allowed.
• Please note: as the vaccination centre is still on site, there is no access to the
main entrance, or front reception area. The entrance and exit to the building will be at the south
(Zamboni end), until further notice. No indoor warm up areas available.
• Washroom facilities will be available in the change rooms and upstairs in arena #1,
until further notice.